Monday, August 29, 2011

Leftovers, again?


Does the thought of leftovers fill you with dread? No matter how delicious a meal is that I’ve prepared, the prospect of eating it the second time around is just not the same as the first time. Growing up, my mother had a term for leftovers. It was mustgos, or Mus-gos if you want it phonetically. She used to say it was her fancy word for “everything in the fridge that must go.” When you put it that way, it’s just not as appealing.

Sometimes, though (ie. All things quesadilla), leftovers can be sheer delight. For dinner this evening, I will attempt a feat of deliciousness which I did not think possible with mustgo’s. Grilled pizza topped with basil pesto, shrimp, fresh cherry tomatoes, caramelized onions, roasted eggplant, bacon, arugula and fresh mozzarella and parmesan cheese. Thanks to a tip from my bestie Nicole, I picked up some pizza yeast at the store and whipped up some dough that didn’t even need time to rise. I’ll try to take and post some photos afterwards. Best part of the recipe, I had all the ingredients here at home!

What creative uses have you come up with for leftovers?

No comments:

Post a Comment