Thursday, September 23, 2010

Where's the beef?




Tonight I made one of my favorites, Taco Salad. My favorite part of it is making it with Bocca Soy Crumbles, which are vegetarian, fat free, and almost guaranteed to fool any meat-eater when made this way. I cook the crumbles with corn, cut fresh off the cob, and a can of black beans drained. I add a packet of taco seasoning, which for this recipe I used Chipotle flavored seasoning plus a pinch of Dinosaur BBQ Cajun Seasoning.

You can buy the same crispy tortilla shells you would get in a restaurant in the ethnic section at Wegmans. I fill the bowls with a mixture of Wegmans' brand mixed greens with herbs and chopped romaine, and then I top the salads with fresh chopped tomatoes, chives, shredded pepperjack cheese, and fresh sliced avocado. For dressing, I used spicy Hidden Valley ranch dressing. It's quick, easy, healthy, as I said, you can fool any meat-eater out of wondering "Where's the Beef?"

No comments:

Post a Comment