Sunday, October 31, 2010

Kitty Litter Surprise

On Friday, everyone at work brought in their spookiest, scariest, goriest treats to share. Wanting to impress, I racked my brain before remember this fun recipe my friend Stacy once brought to my Halloween party. I called it Kitty Litter Surprise.

It is just no-bake chocolate, peanut butter, oatmeal cookies served in a kitty litter box (a new one of course). The recipe is super easy. The only trick is making sure you boil the mixture at just the right temperature and for just the right amount of time, stirring constantly. The recipe says to bring it to a rolling boil for a minute-and-a-half. If you don't boil the mixture for just the right amount of time the cookies will turn out dry, or they won't harden at all. I thought I had done that, but my cookies still threatened not to solidify, so I retaliated by putting them in the fridge overnight.

Kitty Litter Surprise was a hit. I guess I should have eaten the left over Grape Nuts, but I just threw them out. And I forgot, when Stacy brought this dish to the party, she included a litter scooper for easier serving.

Happy Halloween everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment